Poplar Springs traces its beginnings to the 1890’s when the worship services were held under a brush arbor in a grove of poplar trees. From those humble beginnings, a building was constructed and the church was formally organized with forty-three members in 1906.
Her first full-time minister, Ralph Sproles, was hired in 1959. He and his family served for 45 years, retiring in 2003. Don Wallace is the second and current senior minister.
Now over the century mark, Poplar Springs Church has developed into a very active body of believers united in Christian love. Committed staff and leadership, with a host of volunteers, enable the church to minister to the needs of her community.