Poplar Springs traces its beginnings to the 1890’s when the worship services were held under a brush arbor in a grove of Poplar trees. From those humble beginnings, a building was constructed and the church was formally organized with forty-three members in 1906.
Poplar Springs' first full-time minister, Ralph Sproles, was hired in 1959. He and his family served for 45 years, retiring in 2003. Don Wallace served from 2004-2016. The current lead pastor Chuck Bower has been serving since 2017.
Now over the century mark, Poplar Springs Church has developed into a very active body of believers united in Christian love. Committed staff and leadership, with a host of volunteers, enable the church to minister to the needs of her community.